Together with Can-Do Tape
Can-Do Tape is now in high-growth mode and aims to obtain small groups of tight-knit teams working and learning together. We’re on a mission to find candidates who are focused, driven, and above all else, looking to be part of something bigger.
Together, we work hard and laugh often…because at Can-Do, we “Can-Do Anything”!
For more than 40 years, Can-Do National Tape has been a nationally recognized converter and distributor of adhesive and non-adhesive tapes and materials. We are proud to have earned a stellar reputation in a diverse range of industries. We are known for providing fast, efficient and effective customer service, cost-effective product distribution and a vast array of product and service offerings.
Our Mission Statement:
Can-Do National Tape is committed to providing the highest quality of pressure-sensitive adhesive products and related services at competitive prices, which meet or exceed customer requirements by and through continuous improvement and timely delivery of product, all as a result of ongoing communication with vendors, customers, and employees.
As a company, our staff has over 200 collective years of experience with adhesive tape, non-adhesive products, product development and manufacture engineering. Our fabricating machines and experienced team members allow us to produce materials and products most people can’t imagine. We sell solutions!
- Setting up machines to start a production cycle
- Controlling and adjusting machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have the willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning, etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Can-Do National Tape is continuously striving to hire the most qualified individuals to ensure we continue to provide products of enduring quality and value to our customers. We promote a team environment coupled with the ability for individual growth which attracts and retains team members that strive to perform at the highest level. Can-Do rewards innovation, creativity, and dedication which helps ensure organizational success.
Can-Do National Tape offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package to our employees including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. Additionally, to ensure our employees can maintain a work/life balance, we offer paid holidays and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy.
APPLY IN PERSON AT CAN-DO NATIONAL TAPE
195 Polk Avenue
Nashville, TN 37210