Neoprene EPDM Blend Foam Tapes
Blended Neoprene EPDM Foam
- Long-lasting indoor/outdoor tape
- Best for sealing and weather-stripping applications
Neoprene EPDM foam is a Black or Gray closed cell foam and can be supplied with either a rubber or acrylic based adhesive on one side or both. Neoprene EPDM foam comes in a variety of thicknesses and densities from Soft, Medium, and Firm.
Neoprene EPDM is ideal for gaskets, weather-stripping, and vibration cushioning. Neoprene EPDM foams are resistant to acids, alkalis, ozone, and oxidation and withstand a wide range of temperatures.
Neoprene/EPDM/SBR Closed Cell Sponge Rubber:
The closed-cell Foam blend consisting of Neoprene, EPDM, and SBR produces a gasket component appropriate for varying industrialized and mechanized installations in which resilience, flexibility, and price are critical. The combo of the most effective top qualities of these types of three polymers creates an outstanding product utilized within numerous varying indoor and outdoor applications.
Examples of Neoprene/EPDM/SBR Blends and where they are suitable for sealing applications:
- Weatherproofing and Gaskets: Closed-cell Neoprene/EPDM/SBR blends perform well where temperatures during the application process range from –40° F to +200° F. The material works well as a gasket in many outdoor applications because it is resistant to sunlight, ozone, and oxidation.
- HVAC: With its ability to eliminate air leakage, the closed-cell Neoprene/EPDM/SBR blend is an ideal gasket to seal joints, ducts, panel doors, and other areas.
- Automotive: The Closed-cell structure is accessible to most PSA (pressure sensitive adhesives) tapes for attaching gaskets to metal and plastic surfaces for applications involving both sealing and cushioning.
- Electrical Enclosures: Closed-cell Neoprene/EPDM/SBR Blends are suitable for use in sealing equipment and enclosures containing electrical circuitry and components.
The Neoprene/EPDM/SBR Blends are often inexpensive and provide a general purpose gasket material that works well in many applications. If needed, this material can also be laminated with a PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive) on one or both sides. The material can then be cut to size and is often available in a wide range of thicknesses. These blends can also be slit to width, die cut or waterjet cut to your exact specifications.