Kiss Cutting is one of the most popular methods for providing a converted adhesive tape solution. During the kiss-cutting process, the perimeter of each piece is stamped out by a sharp metal die or by a precision laser beam. The important factor is that the cut does not penetrate the piece’s backing material (liner). Even though the die or laser makes a clean cut all the way through the usable portion of the material, it merely “kisses” the liner sheet. This allows single or multiple adhesive materials to remain on a liner sheet or roll until the end user is ready to remove them.
Not only is it convenient, the kiss-cut method offers tremendous variety because it can produce adhesive materials in virtually any shape or configuration.
Can-Do National Tape operates multiple rotary and steel rule die-cutting presses which provide our customers with numerous options. We utilize high speed, tight tolerance rotary tooling, up to 18″ wide for smaller/thinner materials; and for thicker, more rigid materials we employ flatbed steel rule dies for sheets up to 60′ x 54″.
Can-Do National Tape specializes in high precision kiss-cutting (either with or without tools) for many kinds of flexible material, such as:
- Adhesive and Double Sided Adhesive tape
- Automotive components (car emblems, gaskets, etc.)
- Neutral and/or printed labels (price labels, barcodes, stickers)
- Plastic materials (optical pads, electronic cards, and components)
- Foam, both open and closed cell
- Medical applications (nipple covers, paper-backed adhesive)
- Felt materials
- Expanded Materials
- Abrasive Materials
- Elastic Materials
- Metallic materials (aluminum, copper)
- Many more things we haven’t discovered yet
Converting Your Ideas into Reality.